Olympic's Hot Box 86P is
a vitrigraph kiln mounted on an adjustable stand so it is easy to reach
and move out of the way when not in use! The lid removes easily
for easy top-loading access. The solid top allows this kiln to
achieve temperatures up to 2350°F. Since the
lid is removable, it allows extra sections to be
optionally added. Add a blank collar or bead
collar (with a door) that will add 4.5" depth to your
kiln (but does reduce the max temperature to 2000°F.
The HB86P Vitrigraph comes with 2 floors, 1 fiber & 1
cordierite - both floors with holes for stringers to flow through. A
brick floor for firing the kiln during regular use slumping, fusing,
jewelry making, testing, etc. can be purchased separately.
HB86P Glass Kiln specs:
- Outside Dimensions: 17.5" x 13" x 16.5"H
- Inside Dimensions: 8" x 8" x 6.5" Deep, .24 cu. ft.
- Solid Top Fires to Cone 10/2350° F
- Adjustable Stand from 23" to 33"
- Runs on 120 volts - 15 amps / 20 amp breaker
- Top Lifts off for Top Loading
- Peephole (Standard)
- Infinite Switch (Standard)
- NEMA 5-15 plug
- Instruction Manual
- Shipping weight - 85 lbs.
- 1 Year Warranty
- 12 Key Controller
- Additional Blank Collar (reduces max temp to 2000°)
- Bead Collar with Annealing Door
- Window in Lid (reduces max temp to 1700°)
- 6.5" x 6.5" square shelf (2 lbs)
- Furniture Kit (see below for contents)
Kiln Furniture Kit includes:
• 2 - 6.5"x6.5" square shelves
• 4 - 1/2" kiln posts
• 4 - 1" kiln posts
• 4 - 2" kiln posts
• 1 - 1 lb. bag of kiln wash